Department of Public Safety Road Test (Third Party)
DPS Road Test| $60, Retest $35
1. Yes, we're open. Please comply with the state's requirements so we can provide you a safe test. NO MASK, NO GLOVES, NO SERVICE, NO REFUND FOR NOT HAVING YOUR PPE on the day that you are scheduled for your test! I'm sorry for any inconveniences this requirement may cause you.
2. If you're late, no-show, failed to bring a copy of all of the required documents, or your vehicle failed DPS requirement, you will not be allowed to take the test. Your actions will result in an automatic cancellation of your road test and forfeiture of your $60 fee. Please value our time that we have set aside for your road test.
3. Click here to view a list of all documents required to take road test.
- Pioneer will not print out your required documents from your cell phone.
4. Click here to view the IMPACT Texas Driver Video.
- Must bring 2 COPIES of your Impact certificate to Pioneer to take the test.
5. Click here to view a list of DPS vehicle requirements.
- No charge when using your vehicle.
- Vehicle must meet DPS' vehicle requirements to take DPS road test.
- There's an additional $25 charge to use Pioneer's vehicle to take DPS road test.
6. To view the road test calendar
- Complete the registration (only enter first and last name, no middle name required)
- Logout and back into website using your username and password
- Click "Schedule DPS RT Period" to view the calendar
- After viewing the calendar, if you decide not to take the test at Pioneer, please delete your registration now, thanks.
7. If you still plan to take your test at Pioneer after viewing the calendar, select your test time now.
- Pay the $60 fee to secure your road test time slot
- No refund is given after you have registered, viewed the calendar, selected your road test time slot, and paid for a time slot.
- If you choose to select a different test time, your selection must be done 24 hours prior to the scheduled date and time
- Failure to cancel 24 hours prior will result in a forfeiture of your $60
8. After passing the test, you will be given a sealed envelope to take to the DPS to obtain your driver's license. Don't open the envelope. The DPS will not accept an open envelope.
- Pioneer is not in any way responsible for the lost envelope or liable if the paperwork has expired because the envelope was not taken to the DPS office in a timely manner.