Pioneer Drivers Education School (C3022)
Learn the rules of the road with our Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation approved driver education program while gaining confidence behind-the-wheel with our professional driving lessons.
- The waiting period to receive an appointment to pick up your temporary license (a.k.a driving permit) at the DLO in the Dallas / Ft. Worth metroplex, including Waxahachie, is very lengthy (approximately 2 to 4 months).
- Therefore, go on-line today, prior to registering for the teen 32 hours course and schedule your appointment to pick-up your permit at the DLO.
- Click this link ( https://public.txdpsscheduler.com ) to schedule your appointment at the DLO. Select the category, "First Time Driver License Holder / Permit"" when scheduling your appointment.
- The handbook is used in the classroom and on-line courses.
- Study the handbook prior to taking the permit test.
- The teen can take either the instructor lead classroom course at Pioneer or the on-line self-pace course. The permit test is included in both courses.
- Register for either of the teen 32-hours courses on Pioneer's website.
- After completing the course (including passing the permit test) take all of your required documents to your previously schedule appointment at DLO and pick up the permit.
- Teen must hold their permit for 6 months.
- Teen must complete 14-hours of in-car driving lessons with Pioneer.
- Teen must complete 30-hours of in-car driving lessons with their parents.
- Teen must be 16 years of age to take the DPS Road Test at Pioneer.
- Teen and young adults, after passing the road test at Pioneer, schedule another appointment at the DLO to receive your driving license without the "B" restriction.
Adult Classroom Training
This class was created for Dallas College students. This is a fast track driving program. This class is not for the beginner driver with zero driving experience. All students must be preapproved by Dallas College administration prior to attending this class.