Pioneer Drivers Education School (C3022)
Learn the rules of the road with our Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation approved driver education program while gaining confidence behind-the-wheel with our professional driving lessons.
- The waiting period to receive an appointment to pick up your temporary license (a.k.a driving permit) at the DLO in the Dallas / Ft. Worth metroplex, including Waxahachie, is very lengthy (approximately 2 to 4 months).
- Therefore, go on-line today, prior to registering for the teen 32 hours course and schedule your appointment to pick-up your permit at the DLO.
- Click this link ( https://public.txdpsscheduler.com ) to schedule your appointment at the DLO. Select the category, "First Time Driver License Holder / Permit"" when scheduling your appointment.
- The handbook is used in the classroom and on-line courses.
- Study the handbook prior to taking the permit test.
- The teen can take either the instructor lead classroom course at Pioneer or the on-line self-pace course. The permit test is included in both courses.
- Register for either of the teen 32-hours courses on Pioneer's website.
- After completing the course (including passing the permit test) take all of your required documents to your previously schedule appointment at DLO and pick up the permit.
- Teen must hold their permit for 6 months.
- Teen must complete 14-hours of in-car driving lessons with Pioneer.
- Teen must complete 30-hours of in-car driving lessons with their parents.
- Teen must be 16 years of age to take the DPS Road Test at Pioneer.
- Teen and young adults, after passing the road test at Pioneer, schedule another appointment at the DLO to receive your driving license without the "B" restriction.