Teen Driver Ed
(Student ages 15 to 17)
Effective May 1st, 2022: We're full! Pioneer has reached it's enrollment capacity for new students. Pioneer has stopped accepting applications for enrollment until further notice.
The 32-hour teen classroom course is included in this enrollment hold.
Pioneer has stopped accepting enrollment for driving lessons for students that already have a Texas Learners License (permit).
The 32-hour teen on-line self-pace course is still open for enrollment.
Pioneer is working to reduce our enrollment capacity which will allow new students to enroll soon. We're sorry for any inconvenient this enrollment hold may have on your driving education plans.
Teen Drivers Ed Course (On-line Self-pace) (32 Hours)
- Designed for teen students ages 15 to 17 that can not take the 32-hours classroom course
- Students are only allow to complete 2 hours a day.
- This is a stand-alone course. It is not a substitute course for the on-line parent-taught course.
SPECIAL NOTE 1: After completing the registration and paying for your course, go directly to the email that you provided during registration. You will receive a notification email from Teach Safe.
You must reconfirm your email address, your username and password. After confirmation is completed, you can start the course immediately. There is no need to return to PDES to start the courses. Only return to PDES' website to register for the permit test which is given at Pioneer, not on-line.
SPECIAL NOTE 2: It is highly recommended but not required, after completing the on-line self-pace course, students should take the permit test at Pioneer for a small fee. The permit test is free when taken at the DPS Drivers License Office.Register Now
Permit Test (Only for On-line Self-pace teen students)
- The permit test is not a stand-alone test
- Test is only available to Pioneer's students that have taken Pioneer's classroom course or Pioneer's on-line self-pace course.
- Test is only given at Pioneer Driving School. It is not available on-line.